Sheet resistance imaging
Through contactless transmission measurements the TeraSpike microprobe is giving you direct access to the sheet resistance information of thin-film conductors at micron-scale resolution. This new technology provides considerably higher resolution than any other contactless method on the market being applicable to measurements of large-scale areas (as for example: Eddy-current, or microwave-based systems).
Analysis and inspection of:
- Transparent conductors based on ITO or emerging non-ITO materials as used for
- Flexible or curved touch sensors and displays
- (Thin-film) solar cell
- Smart windows
- EM shielding
- Semiconductor doping layers
- Metal-mesh layers
- Silver nanowire coatings
- Flexible electronics
- Graphene and carbon nanotube layers
- Thin-film metals
- Non-destructive & non-invasive
- High speed: up to 5ms/pixel
- High spatial resolution: up to 3 µm
- Registration of slit defects of nm-scale width
- Wide measurement range 1 – 2000 Ω/□
- Applicable to layers buried under isolators
- Applicable on flat, curved or rough surfaces (insensitive to optical scattering)
- No parasitic sensitivity to carrier lifetime variations
Sheet conductivity image measured at a structured graphene on PET foil sample. Data publication with kind permission of SAMSUNG TECHWIN.
Sheet resistance image measured at a 6"-diameter metal-mesh on glass wafer featuring sub-micrometer-wide metal lines. Data publication with kind permission of Rolith Inc.
Protemics is offering measurement services, conduction of reseach studies as well as technology development services.